09 December 2008

They're Coming to Get You Barbara

My son Brendan loves him some zombies. That's him right there.

He has a zombie Captain America tee shirt and he can go on ad infinitum about the differences between slow and fast zombies. Despite my title above, he doesn't think highly of the George Romero-style slow moving retarded zombie. He likes second and third generation Z's: Resident Evil, 28 Days Later and so on. Moreover, he has an amazing sense of what will turn my stomach and he managed to combine that with his love of zombies this past Halloween. The picture to the right only gives a taste of what he looked like. The scars, burns and compound fractures looked far too real to me. I drove him to his girlfriend's house while he was wearing this makeup and couldn't look at him the whole trip. The arm was particularly gruesome as it lay loose on the front seat between us. In the green light from the dashboard as he stared out the window, you could believe he was thinking about delicious brains-based snacks.

As for his girlfriend, she seems to think he's clever and funny. You really can't ask for much more than that. We all know that high school romances (almost) never last but it's nice when one comes along where you as a parent would be happy if it did. Hopefully I will be able to get a picture of the two them together soon. If I do, I'll post it.

No comments: